Dental Crowns in Charlotte, NC - Devine Dental
Causes for Dental Crown Treatment
- When decay in a tooth has become so advanced that large portions of the tooth must be removed, crowns are often used to restore the tooth.
- Crowns are also used to attach bridges, cover implants, prevent a cracked tooth from becoming worse, or an existing filling is in jeopardy of becoming loose or dislocated.
- Crowns also serve an aesthetic use, and are applied when a discolored or stained tooth needs to be restored to its natural appearance.
How it Works
Caring For Your Crowns
With proper care, a good quality crown could last up to eight years or longer. It is very important to floss in the area of the crown to avoid excess plaque or collection of debris around the restoration. Certain behaviors such as jaw clenching or bruxism (teeth grinding) significantly shorten the life of a crown. Moreover, eating brittle foods, ice or hard candy can compromise the adhesion of the crown, or even damage the crown.
How can crowns and bridges help me?
Crowns are very versatile restorations and are used for a variety of purposes, including:
- Strengthening Damaged or Weakened Teeth: Crowns provide stability to cracked or chipped teeth in danger of breaking and restore teeth that are already broken.
- Providing Stability After Dental Procedures: Large fillings and root canal therapy are very effective treatments used to treat and repair tooth decay or inflammation and infection, but they can weaken teeth and make them more likely to break if they're not protected with crowns.
Correcting Cosmetic Issues: Crowns conceal discolorations and chips, lengthen short teeth and change the appearance of crooked or oddly shaped teeth.
Do you need dental Crowns or would like to learn more?
Then call our Charlotte NC office today at (704) 548-0870 for more information
or to book an appointment!